The summer is in full swing, and the warm weather is here to stay. The beaches are open, the boardwalk is packed with people and everyone is out and about enjoying the best of our community. There are so many conversations going on and whether we see each other on our bikes, or when I’m getting an iced coffee, I love the opportunity to talk with you. But more importantly, I’m here to listen to what you have to say.
With the legislative session in Albany having adjourned, I am able to spend even more time in our district. This is truly my favorite part of public service because in my office we are governed by one principle: we want to help you! To me, constituent services comes first over everything else. Many of you have called or reached out when you needed help. My office has been proud to provide you with assistance and guidance in the best way we can during good times and bad. Many agencies and offices might have been closed during the height of the pandemic, but my staff (which I’m very proud of) and I worked to ensure that you have access to government and that it works for you. In fact, over the past 5 years, our office has resolved over 5,000 constituent cases. Helping our community is one of the biggest joys in my life and is something I am proud to have the privilege to do.
So, let’s review: I enjoy helping my community and I love talking to people face-to-face. That is why I am so excited to announce the kickoff of my Mobile Office Hours. Transportation or an inability to communicate should never hinder my ability to help you. That is why I am taking my office to you! This year, my team and I will be going to 16 scheduled locations throughout the 23rd Assembly District, from Lindenwood through Broad Channel, to the tip of Breezy Point and all the way to the end of Far Rockaway. There will also be spontaneous pop-ups so keep an eye out for us where you can raise a concern or stop by to say hi and chat. I look forward to seeing you!
To me, this is what being an elected official is all about; working with you and helping find solutions. My hard-working staff operates with the mindset that there is always another door to look behind, or a stone unturned — there can be a solution and we will work to find it.
Mobile Office Hours gives us the ability to bring you even more information. I have helped commission brochures for senior citizens programs, safety tips for children, ways to help reduce your energy bill and explanations of benefits for our veterans. You can also stop by if you haven’t received your child's Summer Reading Packet. We have information and I want you to know that we are here to be a resource.
My schedule for my Mobile Office Hours is:
- Tuesday, August 2th: Breezy Point Shareholders Meeting (5:30pm-7pm)
- Thursday, August 4th: Beach Dunes Eats and Arts Café, 45-19 Rockaway Beach Blvd, Edgemere (8:30am-10am)
- Thursday, August 11th: Seaside Library, 116-15 Rockaway Beach Blvd, Rockaway Park (5pm-6:30pm)
- Saturday, August 20th: Wavecrest Garden Apartments: Flagpole by Boardwalk, Far Rockaway (9:30am-11am)
- Tuesday, August 23rd: Food Emporium, Lindenwood Shopping Center, 82-35 153rd Ave, Howard Beach (9:30am-11am)
- Thursday, August 25th: JASA Roy Reuther Older Adult Center, 711 Seagirt Avenue, Far Rockaway (12:30pm-2pm)
- Tuesday, August 30th: Ocean Park Apartments, 120 Beach 19th Street, Far Rockaway ***Before Ocean Park Tenants Association Meeting (5pm-6:30pm)
- Thursday, September 1st: All American Bagel and Barista, 20-10 Cross Bay Blvd, Broad Channel (8am-9:30am)
- Tuesday, September 6th: Peninsula Library, 92-25 Rockaway Beach Blvd, Rockaway Beach (4pm-5:30pm)
- Thursday, September 8th: Howard Beach Motor Club, 59 Russell Street, Howard Beach ***Before New Hamilton Beach Civic Association Meeting (5:30-7pm)
- Tuesday September 13th: JASA Senior Center—Brookdale Village, 131 Beach 19th Street, Far Rockaway (11am-12:30pm)
- Thursday, September 15th: Food Emporium, Lindenwood Shopping Center, 82-35 153rd Ave, Howard Beach (2:30pm-4pm)
- Thursday, September 22nd: JASA Senior Center, 106-20 Shore Front Parkway, Rockaway Park (12pm-1:30pm)
- Thursday, September 29th: Tudor Park, 82nd Street & 133rd Avenue, Ozone Park (3pm-4:30pm)
- Wednesday, October 5th: Howard Beach Library, 92-06 156th Avenue, Howard Beach (3pm-4:30pm)
- Tuesday, October 11th: Wavecrest Shopping Center, 239 Beach 20th Street, Far Rockaway (4:30pm-6pm)
I believe the government should work for the people and be a tool to help them in any way it can. To me, that is my goal as your Assemblywoman, and I will continue to do that day in and day out. If you cannot stop by a Mobile Office Hour do not hesitate to contact my office by phone at 718-945-9550 or by email at email@example.com. It is a pleasure to serve you and I look forward to representing you for many more years to come.