Hello everyone! Hope you’re doing well.
I’m reaching out to let you know that, as of today, New York State's COVID-19 Pandemic Small Business Recovery Grant Program is accepting applications. This program offers flexible grant (up to $50,000) assistance to currently viable small businesses, micro-businesses, and for-profit independent arts and cultural organizations in New York State that have experienced economic hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Find out if you are eligible and apply for a grant here!
Full eligibility details can be found on the website, but some important eligibility requirements include:
- Businesses must have begun operation on or before March 1, 2019 and continue to be in operation as of the date of application (may be shuttered due to COVID restrictions)
- Eligible Applicants will be required to show loss of gross receipts as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic or compliance with COVID-19 health and safety protocols which resulted in business modifications, interruptions, or closures.
- Eligible Applicants will not have qualified for business grant assistance programs under the federal American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 or any other available federal COVID-19 economic recovery or business assistance grant programs, including loans.
- Paycheck Protection Program loans totaling $100,000 or less.
- COVID-19 EIDL Advance Grant of $10,000 or less
- COVID-19 EIDL Supplemental Targeted Advance Grant of $5,000 or less
- SBA Shuttered Venue Operator Grant
Grants can be used for:
- Payroll costs
- Commercial rent or mortgage payments for NYS-based property
- Payment of local property or school taxes
- Insurance costs
- Utility costs
- Costs of personal protection equipment necessary to protect worker and consumer health and safety
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning cost
- Other machinery or equipment costs
- Supplies and materials necessary for compliance with COVID-19 health and safety protocols
How to Apply
To see a full application guide in English, click here.(Soon available in more languages).
Apply online here.
For Additional Support/Questions
For additional questions, please first check the FAQ section of the website.
If you need more support, reach out to the small business call center: 877-721-0097 Monday – Friday 8AM – 8PM. The call center is also open June 12th 8AM-8PM.
There are also community-based organizations with expertise in this application process. Full list here.
Finally, our office is happy to provide additional assistance or connect you to someone who can: email@example.com or (718) 545-3889.