Queens, NY – Assemblywoman Nily Rozic (D, WF–Fresh Meadows) announced that she passed 6 pieces of legislation that now await the Governor’s approval. The bills address issues ranging from consumer protection to improving Holocaust education to modernizing government.
“While there is always more to be done, I’m proud of my many legislative accomplishments this session that will benefit so many New Yorkers – from students to consumers,” said Assemblywoman Nily Rozic. “I look forward to returning to Albany next year to continue advocating for the legislative fixes our community and all New Yorkers need.”
Among other accomplishments, Rozic passed legislation that:
- Restricts the sale of over-the-counter diet pills and dietary supplements for weight loss or muscle building to minors as they are linked to extreme increased risk of eating disorders (A431).
- Allows condo boards to hold their meetings virtually (A8185).
- Will rename a portion of the state highway system as the "Detective Anastasios Tsakos Memorial Bridge" (A9299).
- Will audit schools to ensure compliance with the State’ Holocaust education requirements (A472).
- Will increase penalties for fraud committed during a state of emergency (A9193).
Rozic also championed legislation that strengthened gun laws and increased access to abortion and reproductive health care.